Visualizzazioni totali

domenica 17 maggio 2009

People to remember





I was a boy of 6-7 years old when, in the evening, accompanied, at times, my father to work for the road that leads to "Piascialembita to Ponte allo Spino". The road was like now, but completely unpaved. The machines often passed, it was much more common to see some of oxen cart with a few white farmer who was carrying hay or something else. 
But there were at least two other different things that sometimes appeared. A referring to a person, speaking in the future, the other was preceded by a great storm that appeared in the distance from the Ponte allo Spino, where once a year there was a great fair, with large banquet also candy (as I was particularly interested). 
The engine noise is heard ever more closely and suddenly appeared a large white car with the discovery of red leather seats. Were sitting in front of two women, one older who are not driving, the other, the driver was a beautiful woman with a "foulard" around your neck (then called handkerchief). He was pale, at least I remember that. The car stopped and I always' father always greeted the two ladies, sometimes more than a simple greeting. Then once told me that the "old" was a fine and good woman. Later I discovered that it was the "mistress" of Poggiarello and his name was Positano. 
The facts in life are intertwined and not ever happen by chance: reading the diary of Don Alfredo I mentioned earlier I saw the help that the Lady Catherine had in the dark times of German assistance, among other things, to hide Dr. Nugel. 
Two or three days ago, after nearly half a century, speaking with "Guidino" friend of the family and friend has always been on the renovation work being done at the "Circolo di Ancaiano", reminded me of the epic heroic when, in the postwar period, they built that building a power of surrender and great sacrifice by working on Sundays and public holidays. 
And in the end I said, "everything was possible because the land he gave Mrs. Positano. 
At this point I really believe that the Lady Catherine has done a great deal for our Montagnola. I do not know other things about this person (and I gladly accept corrections and additions from anyone) but which, however, certainly had at least these characteristics: great generosity and enlightened spirit and a great love for freedom and for our Montagnola. 

"....... It is refreshing, speaking of the affair and then to 23 and a half we started to Poggiarello. Over there the lady and her daughter had left pending by side entrances of the garden and the palace, and so we could enter the maximum silence. the warm welcome. I returned home very late without any ..."- Retrieved from "I hate time-response of Love" - Don Alfredo Braccagni. 



H.M. productions

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Lettori fissi

Elenco dei blog seguiti